View Single Post
Old 31.07.2019, 14:19
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
trixxiee has no particular reputation at present
Re: Exporting a car to the EU whose leasing has just ended

Quote:
View Post
When I had a leased car, only my name was on the grey card, never needed to change it.

Tom
This is exactly why I think I will have to talk to tax authorities. On my grey card it's also only my name. The only thing I am missing is the invoice... as have only the leasing contract.

From what I read here: https://www.eurococ.eu/blog/importin...on-into-france

Quote:
Conditions:
If your main residence is in France, you can benefit from an exemption, i.e. the non-payment of the duties and taxes normally due in the event of importing a vehicle from outside Europe, provided the following conditions are satisfied:

- You have resided at least 12 months in a country outside the European Union.
- The vehicle in question was for your personal use for at least 6 months before the transfer of your residence.
- You have paid all the customs duties and/or taxes due in the country from which the vehicle is being imported or the vehicle’s country of origin
- Your vehicle must be imported into France within 12 months of the date of transfer of your main residence to France.
- You may not dispose of a vehicle that has been admitted tax and duty-free for a period of 12 months following the date of its entry into France.