View Single Post
Old 31.07.2019, 18:47

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nautiluz has no particular reputation at present
First time renting a flat ! Help pls !

Hello everyone !

Given that this can be a long post I will write first a couple of questions I have and then I will explain my current situation. Any advice or opinion will be highly appreciated.

Questions:

How much should I spent on rent if I make 85k a year?( considering I live in Zurich)
Which cities/towns with good connections do you recommend for a mid 20s not party calm person ?

My situation:

I move to Zurich a year ago as I got a job offer ( 85k a year). Iím legally Swiss ( I have the passport etc) but I have never lived here before and I donít speak German ( Iím learning though). When I move I got a room in Alstetten ( I love the zone) but I think Iím ready to :

a) move to another room
b) get one for myself

I have lived all my life In a big city. So Iím a little bit worry about moving to a town, Zurich itself is not huge. On the other hand rents in Zurich are super high and I donít know if itís a good idea to compete with thousands of people for a 2.6k 2.5 rooms apartment. I donít know either if I can afford it my salary as is my first time renting an apartment.

I have been traveling around Zurich too see which places I like. So far I have been in:

Uster
DŁbendorf
Wallisellen
Oerlikon
Schlieren
Dietikon
Addliswill

From the above I wonít live in schlieren or DŁbendorf. uster seems nice but Iím afraid of not being able to interact with young people. I like Wallisellen and Oerlikon, but what is available is 2k +.

Also I have an expat friend that move to Stallikon and is quite convinced that living in the town can be done and that you get used to the commute and to the Sunday trips to Zurich if you want to do something out of the ordinary( though he is 38 with a wife and a daughter).

On the other hand I have a German friend that is convince I should pursue the wg life as with my salary affording something nice will be to much.

Also Wettingen and Baden seem to be nice but far away.

What do you think? Any advice ?

Thanks a lot in advance !!