View Single Post
Old 01.08.2019, 21:27

Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
homesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of many
Re: Replacing BMW tyres - change to standard from runflats?

Quote:
View Post
I have a 3 series too and also thought about switching to regulars at the time when I had to change tyres.

I considered it for about erm 5 minutes before I decided to stick with run flats. The cost on Reifendirect wasnít at all that different and considering you have to buy a compressor and the liquid to be able to use regular tyres it wasnít worth the hassle for me.

After some more digging around on the net I arrive at the following understanding: handling, noise and road comfort (and possibly rolling resistance / economy) is better with standard tyres vs. run flats. BUT, most of the info I found is from UK and US-based drivers where the roads arent exactly buttery smooth. I have never had the misfortune of a puncture, but dont want to tempt fate. Anwyay, has all this research online helped?? nope!! I am still on the fence about it.. I guess i wasn't complaining about ride comfort etc. before needing to change tyres, so might just stick to the run flats.