View Single Post
Old 01.08.2019, 23:25

Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
homesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of many
Re: Replacing BMW tyres - change to standard from runflats?

Quote:
View Post
On my previous BMW I did the change...however, that car was fitted with a spare wheel, so it was less of a risk.

I must say that the difference was marked. Really quite a bit different and no crashing over bumps etc. I believe the originals were Dunlop and the replacements Continentals.

I currently have Pirelli runflats on my X5. I was really dissapointed with original tyres. (Dunlop, I think) After not that may kms, the tread wore in such a way (Like a saw tooth) that the tyres created such a drone that I replaced them, eventhough they were still absolutely fine. BMW said this was common with these tyres. (sorry, a bit off topic!)

Anyway, I think that the cost and comfort of non runflats make a compelling argument.

So for you the choice would be to go with non run-flats? Funny thing is I am finding myself noticing more how rough the ride is with my current run flats that need changing..... I can imagine things to me much smoother with standards. I think i will sleep on it before deciding.