View Single Post
Old 02.08.2019, 20:05

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
AnnaSophiaA has an excellent reputationAnnaSophiaA has an excellent reputationAnnaSophiaA has an excellent reputationAnnaSophiaA has an excellent reputation
Re: "Hobby farming" or "smallholding" - anyone have experience?

Thanks for the doses of reality!

The property we’ve looked at is not listed under BGBB though zoned rural not village, my husband is Swiss and I’m American, I’m the one with more of a farming background, though nothing terribly exciting. We do have a few connections in the fribourg farming community But overall trying to be realistic and see whether or not we could keep (these are the maximum dreamed of numbers) a dozen or so chickens, a dozen goats, a couple of pigs and a couple of ponies without having to jump through too many hoops... The property we’ve seen is in “no-mans land” so to speak, a four km drive from the nearest village with terrible public transport options on a dead end road with only one other property (the true farm that owns much of the land around). And it’s squarely on the röstigraben. Somehow I’m holding my breath that it could work for us but really trying to be realistic here. Finances, logistics, permits...there’s a lot to navigate.