View Single Post
Old 03.08.2019, 11:00

Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
homesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of many
Re: Replacing BMW tyres - change to standard from runflats?

Quote:
View Post
Also, note that you can make substantial savings if you buy your tyres online. (Eg Reifendirekt)

They will ship the tyres to a fitter close to you (they have a long list of fitters in various areas), you make an appoint and you are then set.

I’ve seen savings of over CHF150 per tyre, which is substantial. On the site they also provide user ratings of the tyres and information like road noise, efficiency and performance in the wet.

Do report back. PS, what car do you drive? If you have low profile tyres, you will notice the most difference.

EDIT, I see in the original post that you have contacted Reifendirekt already, so I guess you know all of this!
I drive a 325d touring with 225/45 (R17) run-flats.

Have ordered a set of non-run flat Goodyear Eagle F1's from Reifendirekt.. was going to get them sent to a fitter but I know that the ones from Reifendirekt are ' factory fresh' and didnt want to risk the local garage mixing them up with ones sitting on their shelf. Overall indeed much cheaper, with the fitting charge included, works out around 280 - 300 CHF cheaper vs. main dealer on the same set of tyres.