View Single Post
Old 04.08.2019, 11:05
Singapore Singapore is offline
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Sg
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Singapore has no particular reputation at present
Re: L permit? Non-EU

Hello Medea! I read your reply on another similar thread if you remember. The thread titled “mandarin and english speaking skills” where she plan to move from singapore to CH.

Your reply “What you currently have to offer an employer here isn't enough to make it worth their while to go through the time and expense of applying for a permit on your behalf because they know the application would fail. “ struck me.

With regards to my case, even when i have a willing company to hire me, the canton would, however, still not approve my application?

Well, the least is i do have a University (UK) degree and other language certification (german A2 & Japanese) of course English & Mandarin.

In any case, Would the canton want to interview me to justify my listed credentials?

Thanks for the insight though!

View Post
It's the cantonal authorities he needs to talk to.

As far as I know this is still the case:

"Nationals of the following states do not require a visa to enter Switzerland under any circumstances: Brunei, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand and Singapore.

However, the competent Swiss authority will issue a prior authorisation of a residence permit in the following cases:

a) for a stay of more than 90 days, or

b) a stay involving gainful employment:
lasting more than eight days, or
from the first day of work in the primary or auxiliary construction sectors, the hospitality sector, industrial or private cleaning services, surveillance and security services, itinerant sales and services or erotic services.

This prior authorisation of a residence permit is issued directly to the foreign national, or to a third party (employer), by the cantonal migration authority. The Swiss diplomatic or consular mission is not involved in this procedure."

Whether he needs to prove he can't find a Swiss/EU national to do the job I don't know.

If there's conflicting info on what the law actually is then he can contact SEM for a definitive answer.
Reply With Quote