View Single Post
Old 05.08.2019, 10:22
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 218 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 15,963 Times in 8,177 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Hobby farming" or "smallholding" - anyone have experience?

I really like adventurers. But I think if I was considering doing something new as having my own farm, I would either test it at home 1st or pick a place that is not the most expensive place on earth.

Community support counts for so much here in any retail, and that takes a few years to build.

I watched newcomers to do this where we are, they needed 10 years to prove themselves and they already owned a farm in Swiss German part before and had a family here.

Then I knew somebody who moved from the US (editors) to buy an olive farm in Portugal, they folded it a few years after due to series of bad seasons. I think even if they were local it could have been super tough.

I love your idea, farming is important and as we do in here, we would be the 1st to buy from you. EF loves their suppliers.

But I think maybe you should befriend the local community and integrate 1st, study your chances and possible setbacks, and then do this.

Or do a co-op, it seems to work in GE for a group of organic gardeners.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: