View Single Post
Old 05.08.2019, 12:29
Paullll Paullll is offline
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Paullll has no particular reputation at present
EU student driving in Switzerland

I am a student in Switzerland, with an EU passport and a nice friend who lent me his car (registered in an EU country) for the time being.

I talked to the customs and they said that they need a declaration from my friend saying that he is happy to lend me the car to drive around here, and I'll get a piece of paper saying that I can drive it (this being some sort of exemption for students that are allowed to keep the cars from home).

Now, I am here for about 11 months now. The question is, should I change the driving licence, or am I exempt for that too? Is there any problem if I do change it, since I'll be driving a car not registered in Switzerland?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Paullll for this useful post: