View Single Post
Old 07.08.2019, 12:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 80 Times in 71 Posts
Thanked 15,665 Times in 6,942 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Motorbike Liscense A

Just to be clear, if you have been a Swiss resident for more than 12 months your foreign license is no longer valid for driving in Switzerland. If you wish to drive in Switzerland after 12 month you must exchange it for a Swiss license. See here for more details: [Drivers licence] Conversion and questions, Mark II

Quote:
View Post
Spain I can Use motorbikes (until 125cc) with my B license.
Do you have a link to an official Spanish source where it says that? The actual law would be the best. But a link to the an official government website is also o.k.

In any case, if you have an EU style license which only lists class B you cannot drive any motorcycles in Switzerland. If the license also lists AM you can drive motorcycles with max. 50 ccm AND max 45 km/h (yellow license plate).

Quote:
View Post
I Read at this forum that I can go buy a motorbike and put the L plate and start using it until I receive the Motorbike permit, making the courses and all that.
Just one step missing. You will need a learners permit before you can ride the motorbike on public roads. To get a learners permit you might have to convert your current Spanish license into a Swiss beforehand. You can get motorcycle, license plate, and insurance w/o a learners permit. You will have to do the basic driver course within 4 month of acquiring the learners permit. After that the learners permit is extended for an other 12 months.

Last edited by aSwissInTheUS; 07.08.2019 at 13:38.
The following 2 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post: