View Single Post
Old 08.09.2008, 17:18
Banned

Groaned at 31 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 1,134 Times in 585 Posts
peachy has a reputation beyond reputepeachy has a reputation beyond reputepeachy has a reputation beyond reputepeachy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisscom Port Blocking?

Quote:
View Post
I noticed that since I got internet service over ADSL from Swisscom, I've not been able to do anything with FTP. I can't download knoppix (linux), I can't connect to an FTP server hosted by a friend, and I can't send pictures/videos to family and friends over FTP. I've tried the standard port 21 as well as some ports in the 50xxx range. Has anyone had similar experiences? I've also noticed an awful lot of tcp resets when viewing connection data over wireshark (protocol analyser/packet sniffer). Did I miss something in the terms of service? Does anyone with Cablecom or another provider have issues with ports, resets, or blocked services?

I have a feeling that it could be the ADSL modem they provided me. It seems to want to blow out my settings as soon as it trains up to make a connection with the upstream server, but I'd rather not buy another ADSL modem if that's not the problem.

Any thoughts/experiences would be much appreciated.

I should probably also mention that I'm an IT guy and I've probably taken care of the basic firewall/router issues, but it's always possible that I overlooked something.

Thanks!
Weird coincidence, I downloaded Knoppix last night via ftp on a Swisscom connection. A lot of the mirrors are a bit flaky though, try speedline.de (i think that's what it was called)