View Single Post
Old 07.08.2019, 17:19

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
You should have pointed that out beforehand maybe, to your politician.
Not sure what Hans-Ulrich Bigler could have done about it

Quote:
View Post
You're saying:
The voting slip should have perhaps specified what sort of deal or conditions were coming with the option of leaving, or that the deal should have been negotiated and known and understood before the vote. I understand your point but don't agree with it.
Am I? OK, if you say so.

I think if you check the nuance (there's that word again) I never implied anything about what should have been on the voting slip. My point was simply that the YES/NO voting slip does not in any way give you the authority to assume what kind of Brexit people wanted. Time and again polls have strongly suggested your opinion is on the wrong side of this.

Quote:
View Post
Too late now anyway. The vote took place.
Personally I was happy with the options on the voting slip.
Also I don't believe for one second that the referendum was rushed through or was sprung upon the people with no information, I think it was long overdue. Most had been wanting to leave since the early 1990s, if not earlier and the result reflected that. I'm just amazed it has all taken so long and angry that after three years they are still faffing.
Indeed, it is amazing what 40 years of drip feeding by the rags can do to a population.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
This user groans at for this post: