View Single Post
Old 07.08.2019, 17:29

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Also I don't believe for one second that the referendum was rushed through or was sprung upon the people with no information, I think it was long overdue. Most had been wanting to leave since the early 1990s, if not earlier and the result reflected that. I'm just amazed it has all taken so long and angry that after three years they are still faffing.
I believe it was rushed through, almost indecently rushed, and both sides were so busy making promises and doing their level best to distract that it was a straight-up hustle. We were just missing the pretty lady in the skimpy outfit while those in charge did their sleight of hand.

I don't think most people wanted to leave since the 90s. Certainly not those born since the 70s. And I don't believe the leavers would have got their very small majority if it had been made clear that leaving with a no-deal was likely. I doubt that the possibility even occurred to many.