View Single Post
Old 10.08.2019, 17:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 314 Times in 210 Posts
Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,453 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chimney Sweep Aargau

Quote:
View Post
Resurrecting an old thread, as I just moved to Aargau... and within days got an orange slip. Weird as I haven't even registered with the amt yet... it appears they got our name off the mailbox which I put up 4-5 days ago.

Does anyone know what the average price of a chimney sweeping is (oils system)? How often it needs doing?

The company in question seems to have the monopoly for Dottikon/Lenzburg... and have no prices anywhere on their site... I'll call them on Monday...
Central heating flues/chimneys never need sweeping. Not a single home in the UK has their central heating flue swept - there‘s nothing to sweep. Your service contract for your heating will cover any problems.

I had a long argument with the fire police about this and in the end they agreed as long as it was my responsibility that I could avoid the chimney sweep.

It‘s a complete con and Swiss sweeps should have been retrained years ago. It‘s like a carbon paper or typewriter repair man. You‘ll pay Swiss prices for nothing - at least CHF250 - oh and if they ask if it‘s OK to bring their apprentice along that‘ll be another CHF50!!

Fed up of smoking? 10 tips to quit in 10 days