View Single Post
Old 10.08.2019, 20:28
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Dimpt has no particular reputation at present
Re: Buy & hold shares - which broker?

Thanks for all the replies guys, following up:

1) @Stendec is opening an account in PostFinance free? Wasn't my choice when i arrived in Switzerland, because colleagues/friends told me that their cards (credit etc) are not that versatile like the other big banks' (UBS, CC etc). Also, it's weird how their platform is cheaper than SwissQuote's (based on what @alexyalmtl mentions), although they built it ! In any case, your recommendation looks quite straightforward and simple for buy & hold investments. Have you tried / are you using this PostFinance platform yourself?

2) @LuganoPirate to be honest, my current bank (UBS) sent me a leaflet the other day to "build up assets". Of course i always wanted to invest something on shares, but i guess was too lazy to sit down and start working on it. But anyway, UBS reminded me that you can indeed do something more than leaving your money in an account. I'll definitely give them a call, thanks for the advice of resisting their push . And when it comes to checking the prices, i was using Google so far, so anything more advanced will definitely work!

3) @dbucar i've seen this "mustachian forum" mentioned in other posts too, is this one? And i assume it's a global community for financial advice?
This user would like to thank Dimpt for this useful post: