View Single Post
Old 11.08.2019, 09:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 353 Times in 268 Posts
Thanked 14,872 Times in 8,552 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chimney Sweep Aargau

Spinal, it's done once a year unless you have major work done on it or change the system/boiler in which case they'd probably need to do another inspection. And yes, they do seem to have areas that one chimney sweep will cover. When we bought our house and I was getting the first inspection arranged I contacted one I found from local.ch, but he passed me on to another one.

When we had our new oil central heating boiler put in, the company had to come back and change some of the routing for the various pipes because the chimney sweep couldn't gain the access he needed to inspect it properly. Their word is pretty much law with regard to oil central heating systems at least.

And AbFab, I think he did clean our flue once with the old system, but it was very old and probably needed it.
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: