View Single Post
Old 11.08.2019, 15:10
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does this furniture have a style name?

It had the potential to be a great course, unfortunately the lecturer was as dry as dust and very temperamental with mature students The bright side was we learned all about great architects like Wren, Hawksmoor and Vanbrugh. When I worked in London for years I loved the simplicity of Wren's city churches.

The 2 years of my degree I really enjoyed were where I took courses in Cinema and Society up to 1960. They were about how cinema in Britain and Hollywood reflected and dealt with what was going on in society. It also looked in depth into things like censorship. We got to watch some cracking movies on Monday afternoons.

I'm a huge fan of going to the cinema, I was very ill for 2 years and when I felt well well enough being in the cinema meant I could sit in the dark and lose myself for a couple of hours; I wasn't that lady who was sick. I go to a tiny place in Basel that only has about 30 seats, the guy who has it runs it as a hobby and shows Indie films, mainly strange horror and sci fi. What he's done with the interior is fab, it's been fitted out with stuff from a cinema that closed down.
This user would like to thank Cherub for this useful post: