Thread: Kinesiotape
View Single Post
Old 12.08.2019, 13:18
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 54 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 14,767 Times in 6,802 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kinesiotape

Quote:
View Post
Look, I am not sure what the negative energy and rudeness is all about, not sure how a legit question could provoke that. There is a difference between expressing an opinion / sharing your experience and showing off internet balls.

Sandgrounder, it is indeed a chronic problem, the only way I have found to deal with it so far is spending 10-15 mins every morning to stretch properly, and pilates even once a week makes a huge difference. I do team sport on a regular basis instead (of pilates) though and use tape as a temp solution every now and then for a couple of hours.

I was skeptical after trying the ones sold here, a friend brought Elyth tape from DEU and I was genuinely surprised that it does work for me.
I've no experience with kinesiotape myself, but I have athlete friends that swear by it. From what I understand, different tapes work for different parts of the body, and how you apply it makes a huge difference in whether or not it is effective. Also not all parts can benefit from k-tape. For example I have bursitis of the hip, and apparently no tape can improve that. I have to do the stretching.

I can't recommend a brand, but a thought that came to mind - Has a physiotherapist shown you how to correctly apply the tape to get the maximum benefit? It's not easy to tape your own shoulders correctly compared to say, taping your knee. I wonder if you could get away with a less expensive tape or any number of brands using a different technique? 20 Fr per roll seems like a lot to me, but I guess if it works for you then it might be worth it.

In any case, I hope you find some relief.
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: