Thread: Kinesiotape
View Single Post
Old 12.08.2019, 13:26
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 32 Times in 25 Posts
Aleydis has an excellent reputationAleydis has an excellent reputationAleydis has an excellent reputationAleydis has an excellent reputation
Re: Kinesiotape

Quote:
View Post
You didn't state what is actually wrong with your shoulder and of course that's your prerogative but instead of, or in addition to, the stretching, have you tried deep massage with a hard foam massage ball , like this?

You stand against a wall with the ball between your shoulder and the wall and use it that way.
Heh, I actually do that, but the ball in your link is too hard and small for me - I switched to a somewhat underpumped volleyball instead.

I tried a lot of stuff. E.g., physio and massages are great, but they do not fix the problem long-term. Exercising in the morning and training torso muscles (pilates, etc.) seems to be the best solution - sort of like changing eating habits if you want to lose weight and keep it off.

Plan to look at fascial massage therapy / manipulation.

EDIT: Oh, and the problem is upper back (trapezius) pain and shoulders + neck hard as a rock, back ruined by years of office work during which I did not take any care.
The following 2 users would like to thank Aleydis for this useful post: