Thread: Kinesiotape
View Single Post
Old 12.08.2019, 13:33
Forum Legend

Groaned at 81 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 3,628 Times in 1,435 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kinesiotape

Quote:
View Post
Look, I am not sure what the negative energy and rudeness is all about, not sure how a legit question could provoke that. There is a difference between expressing an opinion / sharing your experience and showing off internet balls.

Sandgrounder, it is indeed a chronic problem, the only way I have found to deal with it so far is spending 10-15 mins every morning to stretch properly, and pilates even once a week makes a huge difference. I do team sport on a regular basis instead (of pilates) though and use tape as a temp solution every now and then for a couple of hours.

I was skeptical after trying the ones sold here, a friend brought Elyth tape from DEU and I was genuinely surprised that it does work for me.
If we look at the concept here, what is the tape supposed to do, in the best case scenario.
It's supposed to gently lift the skin away from the underlying tissue, where there's pain, inflammation, whatever.. Thus allowing better healing of that tissue, better blood flow etc. It's not meant to heal anything.

So really, all else aside, I'm not sure what one brand can do better than another except maybe stick better / come off easier / not irritate the skin or it's level of stretchiness.

Hence I think if you try two brands, both stick ok and don't fall off but one eases the pain better than the other, it must another factor at play?

I just can't see how one can claim to be better than another.. Maybe the level of stretch can match your skin elasticity and your injury? If it works, good. Stick with it.