View Single Post
Old 12.08.2019, 16:51

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Auburn has no particular reputation at present
Penalty for multiple speeding tickets in a year?

Hi everyone,

So I'm normally a pretty calm driver, but have somehow racked up four speeding tickets in the past 6 or so weeks. : Msnshock: In my defence I have been pretty stressed, and three are for the same speed camera in my village that was previously not working, but, erm, how embarrassing. The car is registered in my husband's name. He's paid three minor ones, but there's another, more expensive one I've just received. I've tried to go online to change it to my name, but Canton Geneve's website doesn't appear to be functioning properly on one of the form fills. There are no contact details and the only other apparent option is for my husband to go in to change it to my name himself, which isn't an option at all because he works.

My question: is there some sort of penalty for getting too many speeding tickets in a year, similar to driver's licence points in the UK? In case it matters, three were for 1km over the speed limit and one was for 8km. The easiest thing is just to pay it, but I don't want to cause any problems.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

And yes, I am now driving like an old lady. : Msnblush: