View Single Post
Old 13.08.2019, 00:31
trey trey is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 30
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
trey has earned some respecttrey has earned some respect
Re: Motorbike Liscense A

1. Yes, you have to change to Swiss license first. Otherwise you would be treated as a novel driver in Switzerland and would have to pass theory first before you can be issued a learner's permit.

2. If you only want A1, just apply for A1 learner's permit, do the 8 hours course, no further exam needed.

3. The A1 permit with B license is a special rule in some EU/EEA countries (Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal, France to some extent) where you will be allowed to drive A1 motorcycles after usually some years of being in possession of cat. B. This is also sanctioned by the EU harmonization directive (2006/126/EC) and applies only locally. There's some debate whether this applies for tourists as well (e.g. holder of German B license visiting Spain), let alone non-EU-driving licenses.
Reply With Quote