View Single Post
Old 12.08.2019, 23:48

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
darkvater has no particular reputation at present
Living in upper Schwyz

Lovely forum, has been very useful for us newcomers into Switzerland to figure out things! Just arrived about two weeks ago and finding it quite hard trying to find the right accomodation. The whole tax situation doesn't help either, it is crazy how big the difference can be between villages/towns, and cantons.

My work is near Zurich Enge so have been looking on the silver coast. Some nice properties (CHF 2500-3000/m) and the lower taxes made us look further down in Schwyz even though the commute is longer.

Found apartments in Freienbach, Pfaffikon and Wollerau and am trying to decide if it would work for us. Quite a few threads here are negative about Schwyz, and Pfaffikon in general which makes me doubt if we are making a right choice or just crazily looking at financial savings only and will hate it. I opened this thread to ask for some advice from people who live here as most existing threads are ~10 years old.

We are a family of three with a baby (1y), wife not working and we do not speak German. Wife does not work. We do not miss the big city, but there have to be things accessible for my wife to do during the day with the child.
Would you recommend these communities?

PS. Quite a few people like Lachen, but it really is too far away to commute for me sadly.
This user would like to thank darkvater for this useful post: