View Single Post
Old 13.08.2019, 01:10
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kindness has earned some respectKindness has earned some respect
Beautiful Switzerland

I am an expat who has been living in Switzerland for over a year now and I still am in complete awe of its beauty. Having visited about 10 nearby countries, I can say without a doubt that the beauty of the mountains and lakes of Switzerland is unmatched. I try to visit one new place every other week and I am amazed to discover new places every time.

Recently, I happened to visit the beautiful Hollgrotten caves near Zug without any special planning and was surprised that a lot of people in Zurich were not aware of these caves. Many knew about the St.Beatus caves which is farther away, however, Hollgrotten caves which is hardly an hour from Zurich was not known to some people, but it is well worth a day trip for anyone new to Zurich. An add-on is that it is a nice place to escape from the hot summer as it is pleasant inside the caves. There is also a nice picnic spot nearby with a stream flowing by the side where families come to have a dip in the water and have barbeque by the side.

Does anyone of you know about the less explored but beautiful places in Switzerland?
The following 13 users would like to thank Kindness for this useful post: