View Single Post
Old 13.08.2019, 22:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 77 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 11,456 Times in 4,653 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Worthwhile/valuable/useful - are you?

Quote:
View Post
... agree with others that it can be a dangerous question to ponder in many ways. I even feel it's counterproductive - too many people focus on how special they presumably are, when in reality most are by definition average. Of course that doesn't make them useless or worthless, but very, very, very few will do anything in their life that leaves a significant mark way beyond their immediate environment.
Why dangerous? That's an aspect of my questions that I hadn't seen.

I agree with you that most people are average (as you rightly say, by definition). But perhaps the significant mark, if at all, need be only in one's immediate environment.

I think of questions along these lines more as motivating (at least to myself) to consider ways in which I might change/improve/develop something about how I approach my relationships, work, my way of being, to get closer to something such as, for example, what StirB wrote: "Be excellent to each other".