View Single Post
Old 14.08.2019, 11:01

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Same happens in companies all the time. Most important are leadership capabilities, for the rest a minister will have experts.
In a corporate setting most of the cabinet would have been kicked out by now for incompetence. Leadership qualities appear to be non-existent. In a company, the head of a department normally has some semblance of a connection to the subject and doesn't often chop and change to a completely different discipline.

Yes, I am sure someone knows someone else who moved from one department to another completely different department in a company, as is ALWAYS the case on EF , but I am talking generally. If you are head of Finance in a company, you don't often end up being moved to head of quality control for a few months then shunted over to HR for a stint.

I am also aware that it's different in politics but it just seems mental that ministers with no leadership qualities and no expertise are put into a role they know nothing about.