View Single Post
Old 14.08.2019, 16:37
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 66 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 15,753 Times in 7,192 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: moving to switzerland with a dog

Quote:
View Post
Going off topic, but second meloncollie's suggestion to put this on the permit board. If his birth has been registered here in Schwyz, heimatort presumably, it would seem he already is recognised as Swiss by the commune. So are you sure he doesn't already have Swiss nationality and just has to go through the paperwork to get a passport? Just showing up here as non-EU without a permit or employer will not allow you to stay beyond tourist time restrictions, so really plan this before coming over with the dogs, as temporary accomodation for 4 dogs will be close to impossible I think.
Third this. You don't need apply for a passport in order to be a citizen. This page says the person must be registered before the age of 25, and DottieMcGee says the birth was registered.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/aboutswitze...er-werden.html

I checked the rules for facilitated naturalization, but none seem to apply to him as the child of a Swiss man, unless perhaps his parents weren't married at the time of birth:
https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...nce%201.1.2018

If for some reason some authority insists he needs to go the facilitated route, the canton doesn't get to "vote on him" and I'm not sure they can make him take a test. The rules for facilitated naturalization are at the federal level.

Has he contacted the consulate nearest you to ask about registering as Swiss, and/or contacted the Heimatort?

Back on topic -
With 4 dogs, you're almost certainly looking at renting a house. I wouldn't waste time looking for a flat, especially if your dogs bark when the doorbell rings.

In the States, we consider it normal for a dog to bark at a lot of different things. Here, I get the impression that a "ruff ruff" now and then is fine, but full on barking for a minute to announce the mailman is a no-no and would generate complaints in a hurry.
The following 3 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: