View Single Post
Old 15.08.2019, 19:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,279 Times in 9,701 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New language requirements for B/C permit renewal?

Quote:
View Post
Nope, the rules for renewal haven't changed at all.

The new rules have introduced a possibility for a C permit holder to be put back on B in case they aren't integrated, but the law article for this is worded as a new subcase of C permit revocation which is always initiated by the authorities based on whatever new information they have.
For example, if you have been receiving social welfare, the Sozialamt is obliged to report this to the Migrationsamt. Same, if you commit a crime and get a criminal record, that will become known to the Migrationsamt. If you're not integrated in some grave way that will be reported to the proper authorities without your involvement (by the Betreibungsamt if you rack up debts, by the school authorities if you don't let your child shake hands with teachers or whatever etc.).

If you are not reported of somehow being not integrated, the C renewal process is trivial. It is not even a renewal, unlike L/B permits a C permit is unlimited and unconditional (Art 34.1 AIG). It's just renewing the document that confirms your right of residence, not the right itself. You cannot be asked for anything more than basically your signature when applying in good faith.

It's another story however, if you're not integrated or the authorities suspect that your center of life is outside Switzerland. But it's not their default assumption to suspect that and they need to have material proof that you'd run afoul of something regarding the above.
So you're saying that no language requirement is needed. I could renew in 4 years time without having that so long as I'm a good law abiding resident. Somehow I don't think so. Happy to be proved wrong of course.