View Single Post
Old 15.08.2019, 23:29
Dinivan's Avatar
Dinivan Dinivan is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 102
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 111 Times in 63 Posts
Dinivan is considered knowledgeableDinivan is considered knowledgeableDinivan is considered knowledgeable
Re: EU - C permit - Language Requirement - Moving Cantons

if the contract of employment at the time of renewal has a duration of less than 1 year, you would get an L-permit instead of a B-permit. It would just make your situation more difficult if you go again through a phase of unemployment before the yearly renewal of the contract takes place. Depending on the precise dates on which you have to renew your permit in October and the date of termination of your contract, you may have less than 3 months of employment left, and in that case they may not give you a permit as employment for less than 3 months does not require one.

Something to add to my first point: if you get an L-permit, since you have previously worked in Switzerland for more than 12 months in the last 2 years, you can still get unemployment subsidies if you find yourself in that situation. However this is not granted automatically, as it would require the canton of Zurich to provide a 5-year B-permit to you.

Last edited by Dinivan; 15.08.2019 at 23:42.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Dinivan for this useful post: