View Single Post
Old 18.08.2019, 18:17
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,027 Times in 462 Posts
Cherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary bands for IT at Banks

"I personally think that contracting in IT provides a lot more job security than a perm job, and anyone telling you the opposite is, hmmm, not quite informed".

Not sure I entirely agree with that statement tbh. When my OH was a contractor with his now permanent employer the company was known for only offering IT people contracts for 6 months at a time via the agencies they were with (and sometimes only 3 months). They also used to only give people about 2 weeks notice that their contracts weren't being renewed. He just got to the stage where he said to his boss he wasn't interested in signing up to another contract and this made them offer him an interview for a permanent role as his skill level is crucial to the team he's in (in some areas he's more advanced and experienced than the others in terms of troubleshooting and keeping the project on track).

He was also offered a permanent job because he argued I'd given up my job/interests in Scotland to move here so I could be with him.