View Single Post
Old 20.08.2019, 20:07

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
SPISH has no particular reputation at present
Re: Bringing cats to Switzerland [from USA)

Quote:
View Post
Find a local vet you like and register you and your cat there. Sounds like you'll be travelling rather than keeping the cat in a flat all the time so ask them to put your cat on the Anis list as Medea Fleecestealer suggests, they can be ID'd this way via their chip if they go missing, there's a registration fee for this.

Normally you'd hope "UK" pet passport could be fine post-Brexit whatever shape it takes as it's not a national document but just certification provided by a vet and in time your new Swiss vet will keep the document up to date, ie once they take over the vaccinations and put their stamp/signatures on it... But to be totally sure once you move to Switzerland you can ask your new local vet to start afresh, it's less a transfer but they can copy the details across and this way there's zero risk... and your cat gets a very Swiss red passport
Thanks so much! I am travelling over on Friday, but still keen to get her passport (and my driving licence) sorted before Brexit nears!

Do you happen to know when bringing cats through the airport what the protocol is? Do I just need to show her passport to the immigration officer? We are coming over initially as tourists to sort some stuff out, but will be travelling to Austria and Germany before returning likely via train to live within the next few weeks.