View Single Post
Old 25.08.2019, 11:08
Forum Legend

Groaned at 291 Times in 220 Posts
Thanked 18,170 Times in 6,368 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Because he didn't need to? I don't know but you can ask him on twitter.

I've said before here, one of my closest friends is a dual national and cannot surrender either nationality without losing property inheritance rights in either country (we're talking a good few 100k in each country). She's lived in the UK for 15yrs, is married to my best mate and they have 4 kids together, the eldest being 13yrs old.

Why should these honest, law abiding, tax paying (in the 2 cases I've posted) employers and their families be subjected to this awful uncertainty just because some people wanted to 'take back control of our borders...except the fiddly one in Ireland'?
Because things can change. I'm on a c-permit here but this is also no guarantee that I can stay forever.
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post: