View Single Post
Old 25.08.2019, 11:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 386 Times in 298 Posts
Thanked 16,655 Times in 9,407 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Because he didn't need to? I don't know but you can ask him on twitter.

I've said before here, one of my closest friends is a dual national and cannot surrender either nationality without losing property inheritance rights in either country (we're talking a good few 100k in each country). She's lived in the UK for 15yrs, is married to my best mate and they have 4 kids together, the eldest being 13yrs old.

Why should these honest, law abiding, tax paying (in the 2 cases I've posted) employers and their families be subjected to this awful uncertainty just because some people wanted to 'take back control of our borders...except the fiddly one in Ireland'?
Quote:
View Post
Because things can change. I'm on a c-permit here but this is also no guarantee that I can stay forever.
Exactly. Nearly every country in Europe requires foreigners wishing to live in their countries to register and get some sort of permit/permission to stay. Why should the UK be any different? Short of getting citizenship in a country, nothing guarantees you can stay there no matter how long you've lived there.
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: