View Single Post
Old 25.08.2019, 20:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 204 Times in 161 Posts
Thanked 6,946 Times in 3,107 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
As an EU citizen, I have the right to move and live in Switzerland. The permit is nothing more than a requirement to register with the local council so that they know my whereabouts, because they can't deny the granting of that permit.
You might want to read the rules, you’re rights are dependent on you having a viable earned income in Switzerland either salaried or self employed or alternatively you are retired and have sufficient funds from unearned sources such as state pension and investment income.

In all other circumstances the same rules apply as to an third country national.

And yes a permit can be denied for economic grounds, criminality, security reasons, public order etc..

Remember EU citizens get L permits in cases where they can’t show long term economic viability as well.

Quote:
View Post
The UK does not grant a 'permit', but it does require any EU national to register and obtain a national insurance number prior to be allowed to accept an employment position. In essence, it is the same thing.
It is not the same think because it cannot be used as evidence of resistance which is what people need right now to make their claim. And I have a UK NI number even though I have never lived in the UK, I just got it at one time when thought I might need it. It is not terribly difficult to get one legally.