View Single Post
Old 26.08.2019, 20:47
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
mattino has no particular reputation at present
Re: Auto Notruf Zürich - SCAM?

Quote:
View Post
If the car is parked in a way that they can approach it properly, all they need is one or two minutes to grab it and be gone. Depending on which side the can reach and if the two wheels that remain on the street need a small cart under them. In ideal situations they can lock and load a car in 10 seconds.

Have a look at the picture on their site: http://www.autonotruf-zürich.ch
Now imagine the front to be reached easily and the back wheels not locked.

And if that supermarket has the parking space completely filled than grabbing an item might be a minute, but than the waiting at the cash register starts and 10 minutes for all is easily passed.
That was exactly my case. The car was parked on a side of the official Lidl parking, so the front of the vehicle was very easily accessible.

Thank you all for the very interesting links to the media articles. It confirms my earlier research that this an example of a predatory firma with an immoral business model:
- towing away should be proportionate (verhältnismässig), which I am convinced was not the case as the car was not blocking anything
- there should be a try to contact the car owner, which is not a case for this firma, which is just waiting for a prey on the side of the parking
- the towing fee should not be far away from the police's fee (200 + 90 CHF as I understand).

There is a hope that it will end ok as in this NZZ article (although I have paid already 200+ CHF) :
Quote:
Bald darauf erhielt B. C.'s Vater eine Rechnung über knapp 600 Franken. Auf Anraten der Rechtsschutzversicherung zahlte er nicht. Und gegen die später erhaltene Betreibung habe er Rechtsvorschlag erhoben, erzählt der Sohn. «Dann gaben sie Ruhe.»