View Single Post
Old 27.08.2019, 14:08

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
grnfish is considered a nuisancegrnfish is considered a nuisancegrnfish is considered a nuisance
Car Export from CH to EU

Hello,

I recently did the above and it was all straight forward until the German border.

I exported Ford Kuga... bought it in the garage in Switzerland and mentioned to the guy it is for export.
Had a contract signed then export plates - all went fine.

I have contacted Ford Switzerland for the confirmation that the car was produced in EU to avoid this 10% at the border. Got the confirmation which was issues by Ford and went with this to the border.
To my surprise at the border I went to Spedi (import - export agency) and they said they cannot issue Eur 1 certificate for this car because they are missing confirmation from the exported (garage) that the car was produced in EU. My paper from Ford was not an information for them.
I contacted the garage and the guy refused to sign any document from Spedi (agency) which was shared with him via email. At the end of the day I had to pay this 10% duties on top of the car sell price.
Now I will try to get this 10% back as in my opinion the confirmation from Ford should be sufficient.

I also checked on the Swiss Custom page and found the following https://www.kmu.admin.ch/kmu/en/home...of-origin.html

under Declaration of origin on invoice as my car was below 10300 CHF.

Does anyone of you have experience to claim back the 10% with customs?