View Single Post
Old 28.08.2019, 12:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 421 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 19,720 Times in 10,579 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Would a British citizen be allowed to buy that kind of properties in Europe after a no-deal agreement?

I know one person in this discussion who made no secret they bough smth. similar in Hungary, wonder if they woke up and wanted to do that later...

I don't think it would have been that easy in the absence of these agreements, simply being a British would have not sufficed, despite of what some very entitled and "superior" people might think.
I think it's only Switzerland that restricts purchase. Plenty of Brits owned in the French Rivera in the 1950/60's long before the UK joined the common market. Plenty of American non residents also own property in the EU
The following 4 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: