View Single Post
Old 28.08.2019, 15:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 26,079 Times in 8,056 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting a dog (in dog box) in and out of car

Just in case you haven't yet found a solution, Edot...

As Hooligan and I were heading into the clinic yesterday, I saw another dog owner leading her elderly dog - a big goldie - up a set of foldable stairs. These looked very easy to use, both for the dog and owner.

I'm almost wobblier than Hooligan these days and lifting her in and out is not doing my knees any favors, so I made a beeline over to the other owner to ask about her stairs.

https://www.hundetreppen.com

The lady was very happy with these. You can get them in three, four, or five step configurations, as needed. She said they are very stable and robust, fold up to a pretty small space, easy to install and most importantly use. She had a sort of SUV type car that sat a bit higher so had the five step version.

Peeking at the website, they are not cheap. But then, probably less expensive than a knee or back injury. Mine or Hooligan's.

I'm considering getting these. Available throughout Switzerland.
The following 2 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: