View Single Post
Old 28.08.2019, 19:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 148 Times in 128 Posts
Thanked 6,110 Times in 2,809 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quit or get fired

Quote:
View Post
My question is, what is better? I know that in RAV possibly I will not receive money before 2 or 3 months if I quit. But how can being fired impact my career?
Being fired these days is noting special, if your employer's client no longer has a need for you and cancels their contract with your employer, the you were let go due to the economic situation, big deal it happens..

Quote:
View Post
Also who is responsible of writing my reference letter, the company who hired me or their client?
Your employer, not the client is responsible for your reference letter. However as it is not normal to get reference letters as a contractor, it will most likely be just a statement of employment.

I would not worry about it, it is the normal situation for a contractor, your let go when you are no longer needed and you only have a statement of employment. No one is going to question it. I've been doing it for 30 years.