View Single Post
Old 28.08.2019, 22:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 107 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 7,124 Times in 2,635 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Quit or get fired

If I read the OP correctly, it is the manager at the client company that is at the heart of the problem.

While the employer / body shop he or she works for is responsible for writing the reference, in the past I have also sought a reference from the client whenever I have worked in such a relationship. Perhaps it is just this individual manager the OP does not get along with and there are others in the client's team with whom they have a better relationship.

Avenues I would try (as well as looking for a new job) would be:
- Discuss the issues with the actual employer - perhaps the client's manager's reputation goes before them and perhaps the employer can raise this higher up at the client
- Discuss the issues with the manager's boss if they are sufficiently on-side.

Rgds,
Nick

Quote:
The person who employs you writes the letter but it seems you may get on better with the client directly....maybe have a quiet chat with them, they too may not be happy with your employer

Otherwise, for you to claim RAV, it is better to be fired than quit.

This user would like to thank nickatbasel for this useful post: