View Single Post
Old 30.08.2019, 17:31
Banned

Groaned at 141 Times in 86 Posts
Clocker has become a little unpopular
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Seriously?
Careful. When you add the word 'seriously' to your post, to qualify it, it gives the impression that all your other posts are not serious. There are a couple of people on here who do just that regularly, most probably because they don't take others' posts seriously and respond with a lot of waffle, silly, snide or sometimes even vile or obscene remarks and generally derail that person's (often a newbie's, sometimes not a newbie's) thread. You're not one of them though.
Also, your posts are serious (well, most of them that I have read definitely are, naturally I haven't read them all), it's just I don't agree with most of them, on this thread. You clearly have a strong opinion and I have a different opinion.

I thought this post recent from 'Today only' summed things up well and I agree with what was said in it. https://www.englishforum.ch/3095858-post21736.html

This was a good part of my argument for voting 'Leave'.

Just as the EU is not right for Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein, at the moment and in its present form, I am of the opinion that the EU is also not right, at all, for the UK.

There is also a bit more to it than that, but for now that's all I can say.
This user groans at Clocker for this post: