View Single Post
Old 03.09.2019, 21:24
gkgeorgiev gkgeorgiev is offline
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
gkgeorgiev has no particular reputation at present
Re: Canton Zurich incorrect federal tax rate for 2017?

Thx for the explanation.

In my case, I would say that everything was predictable. Nothing changed, nor I have received extra salary. I would expect that the tax ratio that the Commune has given to my employer should be accurate.

I started doubting in the correctness of the tax form I've filled in.
I will try to find a tax advisory, just to double check if I've filled everything correctly.

But one thing is for sure ... if you don't have big expenses to declare ... don't bother filling in the tax return form

View Post
right? what is right amount? how does your employer know what your tax return, which will include all your worldly assets, will be when it is you who has to make the tax return?

it seems you are on a B permit and are subject to tax at source (Quellensteuer). in this case the Zurich Tax office instructs your employer to deduct the cantonal mean for income tax (communal,cantonal, federal) from your salary. this is the same for all B permit holders. the rate depends on your personal circumstances (family) and the actual commune you live in, but the rates are all published and known on the web.

If you do not make a tax return this is the end of it. You paid your taxes.

If on the other hand you do make a tax return then the amount deducted from your salary is a provisional amount that is adjusted and taken into account when you make your tax return and depending on what is declared in the return you may have 'provisionally' under or overpaid. if you overpaid you would have received a rebate. if you underpaid you need to pay more as appears to be in the case you described.
Reply With Quote