View Single Post
Old 04.09.2019, 21:20
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 174 Times in 121 Posts
Thanked 4,863 Times in 1,878 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
You can keep repeating it as often as you like but the fact is it has made no difference whatsoever, nor will it. Everyone in the EU knows they are going to take a hit, but they all see it as the UK’s fault.

In Ireland the survey of the border check points has been completed and the army Corp of Engineers have been tasked with putting up the buildings, the new RoRo operating Dublin - Amsterdam now takes 140k of the 190k containers that used to go via the UK, the newly designated French and Irish ports are almost fully upgraded and the Irish grid has been directly connected to the French grid cutting out the UK.

Doing what everyone expects you to do is not much of a negotiation strategy...
I think they will agree to a deal or an extension in the end because it’s best for all. I don’t believe the EU shares the same vitriolic hatred of the UK that you do, they do not actively want it to suffer so they can majestically crow that ‘now they are sorry’. There are a few, sure, but I think most people like Merkel and Macron would prefer us to stay in, which fortunately I think is about to happen.
The following 2 users would like to thank Mikers for this useful post: