View Single Post
Old 06.09.2019, 13:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 10,944 Times in 4,808 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Natural vitamins for children

Quote:
View Post
So we had apples, pears, plums as fruit and tea and water to drink. As there was no money there was nothing to be had except the occasional sweets or bottle of pop. Tizer the pop was called.
My mum's youngest sister had scarlet fever during the war and she was on the list of sick people read out in our local church one Sunday morning. That afternoon, two GIs arrived at my nan's house with a crate of oranges and bananas for her. Then the neighbours began to arrive with their younger children asking if my nan could show them the bananas because they'd never seen one.

Quote:
Certain people benefit from prescribed supplements but these supplements are normally recommended by a doctor and the dose more carefully measured.
My OH was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency 2yrs ago and has been taking supplements since then as well as eating a lot more fish. I've been stocking up on the supplements when I go to the UK as his Swiss doctor didn't prescribe any and told him to just buy them in the apotheke. I cannot get him to drink milk, so am looking at stew recipes and the likes that I can make to 'hide' the foods he needs but turns his nose up at

One thing I've always wondered about... I can count on one hand the number of times I've had flu, the proper kind that puts you in bed for a week unable to eat. Every time, the first food I crave is Soreen malt loaf. I never eat it normally, but it's a very strong craving and always puts me right.