View Single Post
Old 08.09.2019, 10:48

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
BGx has no particular reputation at present
Re: Credit card: 1.2% international processing fee... avoidable?

Quote:
View Post
I just realised after booking a place in Airbnb, processed in CHF, that UBS is also charging a 1.75% fee for "CHF transactions at foreign points of acceptance", which are defined as "Transactions that are charged to a credit or prepaid card at a foreign point of acceptance in Swiss francs are deemed to be foreign transactions. This is either a CHF transaction at a foreign point of acceptance on site or a CHF transaction via e-commerce that is processed abroad.".

I'm so annoyed. I don't recall this happening before? and I'm sure it does not cost UBS any money.

Apart from using new entrants such as Revolut... is there any bank left in Switzerland with reasonable fees?!
UBS is charging the 1.75% on foreign transaction in CHF for at least 2 years now. I had one of the UBS packages, when I first notice that charge I ask them if it would be possible to get rid of that. And the only thing I got from them was. Everyone charges that.

I could only find one Credit Card not charging it. From PostFinance. So I moved 90% of my credit card transactions to Post finance.
This user would like to thank BGx for this useful post: