View Single Post
Old 10.09.2019, 13:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 269 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 15,861 Times in 6,730 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mortgage question. First tranche expires

Quote:
Unless you can pay your 5 year mortgage off when it comes around they will force you to remain with them as it is very diffcult to get two banks to accept each to give a mortgage on the same property.
totally agree, which is why i said:

Quote:
in the end, i'm looking at 10 year only as i'm concerned about poor rates when it comes to re-financing in 5 years and i have no other option but to repay or accept what the bank offers.
Quote:
Today the chance of interest rates going up is less than zero, they are talking about negative rates n saving accounts at present, so take 50% on fixed term and 50% at LIBOR, or alternatively all on LIBOR
strangely the LIBOR is not at all attractive (i see one offer where it is similar to a 10 year fixed). where did all the libor + 0,25% go?

Quote:
Before the Swiss can increase interest rated, the US goes first, followed by the Europeans, and possibly the UK.....you'll have pletny of notice before they increase and you can then block it.
agree. though i guess one never knows how quickly this could happen in the end...