View Single Post
Old 12.09.2019, 09:20
Rachaelelizabeth Rachaelelizabeth is offline
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rachaelelizabeth has no particular reputation at present
Tax Question in terms of taking freelance work

Hi all,

I recently moved to from the UK to Switzerland with my partner. I worked for 6 months on a contract and I havenít been able to find anything yet. My old company in the UK offered me a weekís freelance work and I want to be able to take it as I am in between jobs.

- Do I have to register as self employed for a week of work and a very small amount of money (like 1500 CHF when converted)
- How do I work this in terms of tax? I spent all of yesterday trying to work this out online and itís still no clearer?
- Do I need to ask permission from the OCPM? I did this for my contract as my permit B is family and I had to. Is this the case for self employed as well?

Thanks, and sorry for my lack of knowledge, I found the system in the UK bad enough but this is pretty confusing, any help or advice here would be appreciated.

Reply With Quote