View Single Post
Old 16.09.2019, 16:34
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,422 Times in 736 Posts
eng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Translator: notary for house purchase

It depends when you need this done, as I'm working abroad until mid October, but I do this fairly frequently.
There are two variants different notaries' offices in Zurich use; option 1 is that they will accept that you get the documentation professionally translated into English so you understand it, the interpreter accompanies you to the appointment(s) and you sign on your own account. Option 2 is that you give the translator/interpreter a power of attorney to sign the documentation on your behalf. You don't get to choose, it's what the notary wants done and I've experienced both.

FWIW I've been a professional translator and interpreter for 26 years, the last 19 in Switzerland, I'm a full member of both UK professional associations and a Chartered Linguist. If I can help after mid Oct, I'd be delighted to do so and feel free to drop me a PM. I could translate the documents before then, but in-person interpreting would have to be afterwards as I'm physically out of the country until then.