View Single Post
Old 17.09.2019, 06:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 855 Times in 598 Posts
Thanked 16,618 Times in 6,532 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Swiss Watch Question

Quote:
View Post
cheers

similar discounts are also on amazon
Is your budget 1500chf? What are you looking for in a watch exactly? Automatic should be a given, but do you want a daily watch that can stand up to abuse like a divers watch? Something that can dress up or down?

Quote:
TAG Heuer is not a particularly good brand and doesn't sell so well so big discounts are easily available.

Look at second hand market too, many are brand new but old stock sold with 50 or 60% discount over new models
Tag isn't "bad", but they are very mainstream and have turned very gimmicky over the years and on average they lose about half the value the moment you take them out of the shop. Buying them used makes more sense.

Quote:
View Post
I never quite understand why anyone visiting CH would choose to buy a watch here, when the same item is almost always going to be cheaper elsewhere. Then again, I don't really get the idea of expensive or flashy watches per se. , so clearly there's something I'm missing there.

It's a watch - it's not going to be "exciting" whatever the brand name is.
Speak for yourself, some of us are watch lovers! Plus if you are buying retail with full warranty then Switzerland prices are actually ok depending on the brand. Tissot get big discounts worldwide but other brands don't.
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: