View Single Post
Old 18.09.2019, 07:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 680 Times in 497 Posts
Thanked 15,765 Times in 6,178 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Swiss Watch Question

Quote:
View Post
Lastly, Tag is a great brand, lots of heritage, some great watches, and they make their own movements - an Aquaracer is a great beginner watch
Not as a quartz, it isn't. As an automatic, for 2200chf it is also extremely overpriced.

Quote:
View Post
https://www.creationwatches.com/prod...tch-11701.html

I've always had good experiences with creation watches. It's definitely grey market and I think they ship from Singapore, so you will probably have to pay import duties.

Also, if you like a Tag watch then get a Tag watch. They are nice watches. I have one and love it. I almost feel like it's fashionable to hate on Tag because it's popular.
I wouldn't say it is fashionable to hate Tag, but as you build more knowledge of watches and what is out there you learn that there are certainly better options for the money. I think Tag is a run-of-the-mill brand in terms of design and quality, overpriced and riding on the coat tails of past glories.

Last edited by Chuff; 18.09.2019 at 07:56.
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: